PointsBet App Review
PointsBet, an Australian-based sportsbook, entered the lucrative US market in January 2019 initiating their inaugural sportsbook in New Jersey. They have since expanded into Indiana, Iowa and Illinois. They are unique in the sports betting industry for the special “spread betting”. With this kind of bets, you can both win and lose much bigger amounts of money as your winnings/losses depend on the margin of each team’s victory.
PointsBet designed a mobile app to follow the latest trends in the niche. It is compatible with both iOS and Android portable devices. This review will cover everything you should know about the app.
PointsBet App Welcome Bonus
PointsBet offers a range of interesting promotions and for new PointsBet App users there you can enjoy lots of point boosters and risk-free bets.
PointsBet Mobile Risk-Free Bets worth $2.000
For new customers, PointsBet offers a risk-free bet bonus up to $2.000. It comes in the form of 2 risk-free bets worth $500 on your first real wager and up to $1500 on your first Pointsbetting wager
2 easy steps how to get the mobile free bet offer:
- Click the Claim Bonus button below
- Complete the registration process at PointsBet
- Fund your account and you can now use your $2.000 ($500 + $1.500) risk-free bet on any game.
How to Download the PointsBet App
Before the download, it is important to mention that you need to meet two criteria to be able to place legal bets via the PointsBet app:
- You need to be at least 21-year-old
- You need to be physically located in New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa and/or Illinois
The app can be downloaded from anywhere in the United States, but you can only place wagers from NJ, IN, IA or IL. Anyhow, here is the simple process describing how to get the app on your devices.
How to download PointsBet app on iOS devices
Time needed: 3 minutes.
The download process is quite simple for iOS devices, just follow these steps:
- Click on the link below
Click on the Visit PointsBet button below and register your PointsBet account.
- Download the app
Then scroll to the bottom of the PointsBet webpage and click on the iOS app symbol to dowload.
- Run the app
From there on, you should just follow the simple instructions and run the app once the process is completed.
How to download PointsBet Android app
The situation is a bit distinct with the Android-powered devices
You should not waste time looking for the app in the Google Play Store as ream money gambling is not allowed from their part.
- Click the Visit PointsBet button below to go straight to the PointsBet website to register your account.
- Then scroll down and click on the Android symbol to start the process
- Follow the instructions and the download process will begin
Before the process, you are advised to set the privacy settings on your mobile device and allow the download from “Unknown Sources”
The app will work regularly on most mobile devices, but if you want to avoid any kind of issues in terms of the speed or overall performance, make sure that your portable device meets the following technical criteria:
PointsBet Sports App – iOS version software requirements
|Software compatibility||iOS 8.0 or later|
|Devices compatibility||iPhone; iPad; iPod touch|
|App Size||13 MB|
PointsBet App – Android version software requirements
|Software compatibility||Android 8.0 or higher|
|Devices compatibility||All Android-powered devices|
|App Size||13 MB|
PointsBet App Look and Feel
Aesthetically, PointsBet have one of the best-looking apps out there. We love the black background with a combination of pink and white letters. The interface is very easy to handle as you can switch between several handy menus in the blink of an eye. You’ll find the main menu on the left-hand side of the main screen. It is the main tool to help you find the way around. It includes the following options:
- PointsBet Card
- Next Sport
- Revis Betting Academy
You may wonder what is Revis Betting Academy, just as we did. It is sort of a guide-through from the sportsbook as most punters are not quite fully aware of what points betting refers to. We’d warmly advise you to read the full instructions before placing your first wagers on this particular market.
Game/Odds selection vs Desktop
There is no difference between the app and the web page. Everything you can do on the web site is also available through the app (both for iOS and Android). Given the new betting system is the sportsbook’s highlight, we were quite surprised to see a strong range of sports on the menu. The list of markets is also beyond impressive, especially for the mainstream US leagues.
We thus found over 200 different markets for a regular-season NBA tie between Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls as well as more than 10 markets for the NFL clash between New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens.
It is important to mention that you can choose whether to place normal bets or use the “points betting” feature. The regular markets include the following:
|Betting type offered|
The PointsBet App Sports features and bet
Obviously, the “points betting” is the key feature that makes this sportsbook unique and special. Here is what it actually refers to:
- Points Betting – With this kind of bets, you are backing a certain team to win by a certain margin of points (just like spread betting). The difference between the normal spread betting and points betting is that your winnings or losses depend on the margin of the team’s victory. If the margin is higher, the higher your winnings will be and vice versa. This makes every single point in a basketball (for example) game equally important.
- Cash Out – Cash Out gives you the opportunity to have more control over your bets. You can use it only on certain leagues, though.
- In-play betting – We are thrilled with the range of events and markets on the offer when it comes to the live betting section
- The aesthetic look and the design of the app
- The unique type of betting
- Fair pricing
- The list of markets for both pre-game and in-play selections
- 24/7 customer support
- Limited banking options
Is points betting available for all sports and competitions?
No, you can only use it for the most popular US leagues.
Can I claim the bonus through the app?
Yes, they have two separate up to $500 free bets (one for standard bets and the other for point s betting) and you can claim them both through the app as a new customer.
Is PointsBet only available in New Jersey at the moment?
Yes, currently only New Jersey residents can place real money wagers via the PointsBet app.