DraftKings App Review
DraftKings established themselves as a leading brand in the world of fantasy sports over the past few years. They took advantage of the modifications of the laws to break into the sports betting industry. They are now a fast-growing sportsbook set to promptly follow the legalization of sports betting in each new state. At the moment, DraftKings are available in the following states:
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- New Hampshire
In order to follow the latest trends in the sports betting industry, they have created a mobile app which works just about right on both iOS and Android devices.
How to Download the DraftKings Sportsbook App
Getting the new DraftKings sports app does not require much time as the download process is simple and straightforward. Since the iOS download is different from the Android one, we made a short breakthrough with the key points on the fastest way to download the app on your respective device.
How to download DraftKings app on iOS devices
- The iOS app can be found in the App Store
- Before you head over there, make sure to engage the “Location” settings on your iPhone, iPad or iTouch
- They have strict geo-location checks as only players from certain states can place real money wagers through the app
- When you set it all up, just visit the App Store and find the DraftKings sports app
- Hit the “Start Download” button and just follow the basic instructions
- Once the process is complete, you are ready to launch the app, make your initial deposit and place your first bets
How to download DraftKings app on Android devices
- To download the app on Android device, you need to visit DraftKings web page from your mobile browser
- The app can’t be found at the Google Play Store
- Once you are at their website, just scroll down until you recognize the Android icon
- From there on, the process is identical as you only have to go follow the instructions and complete the download
The DraftKings app will work regularly on most mobile devices, but if you want to avoid any kind of issues in terms of the speed or overall performance, make sure that your portable device meets the following technical criteria:
DraftKings Sportsbook app – iOS version software requirements
|Software compatibility||iOS 10.0 or later|
|Devices compatibility||iPhone; iPad; iPod touch|
DraftKings App – Android version software requirements
|Software compatibility||Android 7.0 or later|
|Devices compatibility||All Android-powered devices|
DraftKings App Look and Feel
We tested the app as soon as it was launched only to be disappointed with frequent geo-location checks. There were instances where we were prevented from placing a bet because of the combination of these checks and a poor wifi connection. Luckily, DraftKings have significantly reduced the tests of late and have not witnessed any kind of lagging recently.
The interface is clean and intuitive which came as no surprise as the company have already proved themselves with a fabulous daily fantasy sports app in the past. It all works properly thanks to the fast Kambi backend.
The main betting markets (moneyline, spread, totals) hold the primary position. It only proves the intention of getting the app as easy to use as possible for those new to the sports betting world. If you want to look for special picks or markets for the less popular leagues, there is a navigation bar at the top of the screen.
Game/Odds selection vs Desktop
We can say the mobile app is a genuine copy of the web page, the only difference being that it is adjusted to small screens. In terms of the games and the odds, there is no distinction between the two.
The main attention is on the most popular US Leagues (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB), but there is also a wide range of other sports on the menu, including the following:
|Sports to bet on|
Whereas we were thrilled with the versatility of betting markets, the odds disappointed us. The pricing on the DraftKings app is less customer-friendly than the one we found at most other sportsbooks in the United States.
The DraftKings Sportsbook App betting features
To break down the DraftKings sports app review, we’d mention the following elements as its key features:
- The interface adjusted to beginners – The simplest betting markets (moneyline, spread, totals) are easily visible for every event, while you need to scroll a bit to discover more markets.
- Pre-game and In-play betting selection – For a relatively young app, DraftKings offer a tremendous range of both pre-game and in-play betting markets.
- Customer support – Customer support is available at any time each day
- Speed and simplicity
- Customer support
- Range of betting markets
- Extensive in-play betting offering
- The odds are lower than elsewhere on most events
Can I sports bet with DraftKings app from anywhere in the United States?
No, only people located in the following states can place real money wagers:
I have a DraftKings DFS (Daily Fantasy Sports) account. Can I use it for placing sports bets in the DraftKings sportsbook app?
Yes, you can link the fantasy and sports betting account.
Do I get any kind of bonus for registering a new account via the DraftKings app?
All new users can opt in for the $500 deposit bonus + the $500 risk free bet bonus which works identically as the one you can claim via the web page.