NHL Picks and Predictions for Friday Night Jan 3rd Hockey
03 January 2020
Washington Capitals at Carolina Hurricanes
Hurricanes Moneyline: -137
Over 6.5 Game Totals: -106
This is the third time these teams meet this season. Carolina has two straight wins and are looking for their third consecutive win. The Capitals who are on top the Metropolitan Division seem to have few answers on the Carolina tactics with 6 losses in their last 7 encounters. On top of this Washington have only picked up one win in their last four games. With a home ground advantage the Hurricanes should in our book be the favorited team but Unibet sportsbook has The Hurricanes as the underdog. We see value in placing a moneyline bet on the Hurricane (-137).
- The Hurricanes are 6-1 in its last 7 games against The Capitals
- The Hurricanes are 4-1 in its last 5 games when playing at home against The Capitals
Moneyline Betting Pick:Carolina (-137)
Game Totals Pick
Washington has been scoring lots of goals throughout the majority part of the season and their games on the road have gone over in the last four games. Traditionally the games between Carolina and Washington have been high-scoring games where the over has been hit in the last 5 games between these two teams. Both teams holds a lot of offensive fire power and a game total over 6.5 at -106 is an attractive pick. Their last matchup only a few days ago ended with a 6-4 win for The Hurricanes. We expect a similar end result for tonights game.
- The Game total has gone OVER in 4 of The Capitals last 5 games on the road
- The Game total has gone OVER in 4 of The Capitals last 5 games when playing The Hurricanes
Over/Under Betting Pick: Over 6.5 (-106)
Detroit Red Wings at Dallas Stars
Stars Puck Line -1.5: -113
Under 5.5 Game Totals: -122
Puck Line Pick
Detroit has a rough season and on the road they are one of the worst teams in the whole NHL with one win in the last ten games. Before their win in their last game against San Jose they were on a bad beat with six consecutive losses. Dallas on the other had have three straight wins and took care of business in the annual New Year’s Day outdoor game against Nashville. We doubt that The Red Wings last win is a change in trend for the weak Detroit team and we do not see The Stars slowing down in their rise in the Altantic Division. Pick The Stars Puck Line Bet at -113.
Puck Line Betting Pick: Stars -1.5 (-113)
Game Total Pick
The over pick seems like the best choice in this game. All their six encounters have gone over which is good enough for us to pick the games totals over 5.5 (-122).
- The game totals has gone over in 5 of The Red Wings last 6 games when playing The Stars
- The game totals has gone over in 5 of The Red Wings last 6 games when playing on the road against The Stars
- The game totals has gone over in 5 of The Stars last 6 games when playing at home against The Red Wings
- The game totals has gone over in 5 of The Stars last 6 games when playing The Red Wings
Over/Under Betting Pick: Over 5.5 (-122)
Stay tuned for more NHL Picks.