How To Tie A Karate Belt?
12 October 2020
Last updated: 18 January 2021 at 3:27 am
Karate remains one of the exciting disciplines of martial arts for people around the world to learn. Its popularity continues to excel over the last couple of years with the growing popularity of MMA companies such as the UFC.
The popularity of the UFC means that more people around the world are trying their hand at karate, to help them with their UFC predictions. Understanding the discipline is one of the biggest factors that can help towards UFC predictions. However, there is so much more to this martial art than many people know about.
How To Tie A Karate Belt
One of the most common questions that beginners have, when they start to learn karate, is how do they tie the karate belt around their waist. It isn’t an unrealistic question to ask, as it is a lot tougher than many believe. However, this a step-by-step guide on how you can do it without having to ask for help.
How To Tie A Karate Belt – Step By Step
Time needed: 1 minute.
Step by step guide on how to tie a karate belt:
- Firstly, you will need to fold the obi in half and then put the tag side of the belt on the right-hand side of your body. Then, you must ensure that the middle of the obi is just underneath your belly button, remembering that the tag should be on the right.
- Next, you will put the belt around your waist and cross over at the back before bringing the ends back around to the front of your body. It is important to ensure that both ends are even.
- After this, you will need to overlap the two ends of the obi, which means bringing the left rope over to the right-hand side. Make sure that the tag is still over the top of the bow.
- One of the most confusing steps is step four, as you will need to make sure that you don’t twist the obi. It would be best if you tucked the top under your belt before pulling both ends of the belt tighter.
- Once that first stage is complete, you can begin to make the knot. The first step here is to make a loop on the left-hand side and then flip the top and tag end.
- With the loop that you have just made, you will need to push the tag end through. To complete this step, you must pull the belt tight, so it doesn’t come loose.
- Finally, to make sure you have the perfect knot, you must tie it well enough and make sure it’s even enough so that it looks somewhat like a fortune cookie. After you have done that, you would have tied the perfect karate obi.
What Is Karate?
The early foundations of karate can be traced back to the Ryukyu Kingdom, which was a prominent island between 1429 and 1879. The art was developed under the indigenous Ryukyuan arts, which were inspired in part by Kung Fu. Karate is a striking art that focuses on punching, knee and elbow strikes and kicking. However, it has also been adapted in modern styles to also include grappling and joint locks.
If you are just starting out to learn karate, then it is important to know what an instructor is called. These are called ‘karateka’ or ‘karateka’s’. Karate made its way to Japan between 1912 and 1926, with the first karate club introduced in 1924. The martial art became an important part of military training after the Second World War, with many of the United States armed forces taking up training as they were situated in the country.
Widespread Appeal In Karate
Karate began to get more and more popular during the 60s and 70s, as many films started to incorporate the martial art in their films. This increased popularity meant that more karate schools were opened up around the world. However, it wasn’t until 1984 when karate reached a new height of popularity following the release of The Karate Kid. The film was a monster hit and grossed over $100 million in the United States alone. This film was an integral part of making the martial art more popular in the United States. Since the release in 1984, the United States have won 12 medals at the Karate World Championships.
The popularity in karate has continued, with the martial art being a common technique that is used in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Next year will also be a huge year for the discipline, as it will be included in the Olympic Games for the very first time. The popularity means that there is a growing number of people around the world looking to get into karate.
Karate is a famous martial art that was developed in the ancient Ryukyu Kingdom. It focuses on strikes, including punches, kicks, and knee strikes.
Tying a karate belt is trickier than many people think. You can get a full step-by-step guide in this article.
Tying the perfect knot on your karate belt is the best way to showcase your talents to your teacher. You can find out how to do this in the article.